6 High school girls from Girl Scouts of Northern California were chosen to attend the launch of the space shuttle Endeavour. Each of these girls has a special interest in science and technology. Follow the girls as they spend 8 days exploring Florida's Space Coast.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Launch, Part II

Early Monday morning (way too early than what should be necessary) the six girls from Girl Scouts Nor Cal witnessed an amazing thing, the successful launch of STS-130 Endeavour. As one of the people who saw this I personally thought it was amazing. The best way I can describe it is fireworks times about 50. The brightness caused by the ignition was as bright as day. I was shocked at how bright it became also how long the noise and brightness lasted. Stephanie got a video of the initial liftoff and it’s ascent off of the launch pad. I didn’t know anything man-made could cause such a breath-taking sight. After some sleep when we got back to the hotel, we went back to the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Center. We watched two Imax movies about space, of course. Also, bought basically matching sweatshirts and a woman, one of Wendy’s compadres, gave us free stuff. :D Yay, free stuff.

Today we went to an arcade, because we can’t be too much learn and no play, and played multiple games of laser tag. It was very cool. Never play laser tag with Heather, she’s really sneaky. Now I’m sitting here typing up this blog and Heather may kick me out soon because she wants to sleep. I think I’ll do the same. Thank you for reading!!! And to my family and friends: I’LL BE HOME SOON!!!! I MISS YOU GUYS TOO!!!!!

-Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment